Nimble Streamer WebRTC Capabilities
WebRTC is supported in Nimble Streamer with WHIP signaling
Highlights for Nimble Streamer and WebRTC
Specifications and Details Regarding WebRTC and Nimble Streamer
Nimble Streamer has the following capabilities.
- Ingest of WebRTC live stream into Nimble Streamer.
- WHIP is used for signaling.
- H.264, VP8, VP9 video and Opus audio input.
- H.265/HEVC video from Apple devices.
- Publisher demo page with sample client is also available.
Signaling is an important part of the WebRTC stack because it defines how a client connects to the host or to another client.
Nimble Streamer uses WebRTC-HTTP ingestion protocol (WHIP) for signaling. It is a standard with Internet Draft status and it's already used by various WebRTC products.
Nimble Streamer uses Pion implementation of WebRTC API.
Softvelum extends a special thanks to Sean DuBois and all Pion contributors.