Softvelum SRT products
Softvelum products have full support of SRT live streaming
Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) is a UDP-based transport technology that optimizes streaming performance across unpredictable networks.
- SRT detects and adapts to the real-time network conditions between the two endpoints.
- SRT helps compensate for jitter and bandwidth fluctuations due to congestion over noisy networks.
- Error recovery mechanism minimizes the packet loss typical of Internet connections.
- AES 128/256 bit encryption is also supported for end-to-end security.
Softvelum products allow building full chain of live delivery via SRT.
Build SRT glass-to-glass delivery with Softvelum
Read Glass-to-Glass Delivery via SRT: the Softvelum way article in SRT Alliance blog to see these products combined into delivery chain.
Learn more about glass-to-glass SRT delivery setup with Nimble Streamer, Larix Broadcaster and Larix Player.
Another example is setting OBS Studio to receive SRT from Larix and sending it to Nimble.
Also check Using Magewell Ultra Encode with the Larix Player App to Transport SRT Streams article from Magewell blog to see real-life use case.
Larix Broadcaster has support for Push (Caller), Listener and Rendezvous modes to deliver live streams from mobile devices.
Both apps are also available as part of premium Larix SDK.
Nimble Streamer SRT features cover all use cases necessary for receiving streams, processing them and transferring forward to delivery network or end-users.
Larix Player allows playing several protocols including SRT in Pull (Caller), Listen and Rendezvous modes.
It's available on Android, iOS, tvOS and Android TV.
- Install Larix Player free app on Android and on iOS
- SRT playback article gives overview of Larix Player setup
- HTML links with srt:// will be opened in Larix Player with following SRT params: mode(rendezvous/listener/caller), latency, maxbw, pbkeylen, passphrase, streamid
Larix Player SDK is available for purchase.
Softvelum is part of SRT Alliance, a group dedicated to managing and supporting the open source implementation of SRT. This alliance is accelerating interoperability of video streaming solutions and fostering collaboration with industry leaders to achieve lower latency Internet video transport. Softvelum is actively contributing to the community to improve the protocol and its ecosystem.