Documentation reference for Larix Broadcaster
Here you can find links to all documentation related to Larix Broadcaster and Larix Screencaster setup as well as some useful information.
The anatomy of RTMP URL
Every RTMP URL has these parts:
- Server and application name, e.g. rtmp://yourserver.com:1935/live or rtmps://192.168.0.1/app. It has a protocol prefix, a domain or URL, a port (optionally) and an application name. For YouTube Live it would be "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2"
- Stream name or Stream key. It's also usually some alphanumeric stream name. E.g. for YouTube Live it's like "abcd-efgh-abcd-efgh".
Combine these parts to create a URL to insert into Connection URL field in Larix Broadcaster settings (see the links to full instructions below).
For example if you see Primary Server URL in YouTube Live as "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2" and Stream Name as "abcd-efgh-abcd-efgh", then your full URL will be "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/abcd-efgh-abcd-efgh".
Streaming setup videos
First, watch our general instructions videos:
- Setting SRT, RTMP and RTSP connections in Larix Broadcaster for iOS.
- Setting SRT, RTMP and RTSP connections in Larix Broadcaster for Android.
- SRT to OBS from Larix Broadcaster and Larix Screencaster.
- New: How to stream HEVC to YouTube via RTMP using Larix Broadcaster
- Ingesting WebRTC from Larix Broadcaster into Nimble Streamer featuring iPhone low latency output via WHIP.
- Image and stream rotation with Larix Broadcaster for Android.
- Background streaming with Larix Broadcaster for Android.
- Image overlays in Larix Broadcaster on iOS for streaming, pause and stand-by modes.
- Synchronize live streams from Larix Broadcaster with NTP SEI via RTMP and SRT feat. Nimble Streamer.
- Audio-only background streaming in Larix Broadcaster for iOS.
Watch more in
- Mobile products playlist with our our tutorials and
- Larix reviews playlist where users share their experience.
Streaming setup articles
There are numerous setup instructions for Larix apps:
- New: Broadcasting Mobile Native WebRTC Streams with the Larix Broadcaster shows how you can stream WebRTC from Larix to Dolby.io streaming service.
- Larix Broadcaster mobile streaming from Android to Nimble Streamer
- Larix Broadcaster mobile streaming from iOS to Nimble Streamer
- Publishing via SRT protocol
- Saving recordings to iCloud Drive and Photo Library + video
- How to integrate Sound Alerts web overlays into the Larix Broadcaster App
- Larix Screencaster setup for Android
- Larix Screencaster setup for iOS
- Glass-to-glass SRT delivery setup with Nimble Streamer, Larix Broadcaster and Larix Player
- OBS Studio: streaming SRT via Larix Broadcaster and Nimble Streamer
- Best practices for Larix Broadcaster production deployment for live streaming from mobile devices.
- Publishing to YouTube Live
Make sure you use video+audio mode for connections, set proper bitrate and follow other recommendations and requirements.
- Publishing to Facebook Live
- Live Streaming with the Larix Broadcaster mobile app on IBM Video Streaming
- Broadcasting SRT Streams with Dolby.io recommends Larix for streaming from iOS
- Stream to AWS Elemental MediaConnect via SRT from Larix Broadcaster
- Using the Larix Broadcaster App with Magewell Pro Convert Decoders to Transport SRT Streams
- Setting up SRT stream from a mobile phone via Larix Broadcaster to Vmix from Collaba documentation.
Setting up SRT stream via Larix Broadcaster to Vmix and Larix Talkback - a video tutorial by Callaba.
- Streaming to Restream.io
- Streaming to Switchboard Cloud
- How to stream from Larix Broadcaster to LiveU Studio
- Streaming to DaCast and Akamai and
Live Video Streaming with the Larix Broadcaster Mobile App from Dacast knowledge base and
How To Live Stream Using Larix Broadcaster Mobile App video tutorial.
- Streaming to CDNvideo
- Streaming to Limelight Multi-device Media Delivery
- Streaming to TikiLive
- How to Use Larix Broadcaster For My Virtual Event has example of SRT setup
- Мобильное вещание: советы по работе на примере Larix Broadcaster
- Boomstream: Онлайн трансляция с мобильных устройств
- Time synchronization in Larix Broadcaster showing feature useage with SRTMiniServer (+ funny video)
If you use rule-of-thirds and other visual features of Larix, you may want to watch this video by Jan Ozer:
Video Camera and Webcam Framing for Live and VOD video
We test our products properly before releasing into production. Here are overview pages describing how we test our solutions.
- Larix Broadcaster Android connectivity shows what software and services we test our solutions for compatibility, when testing Larix Broadcaster for Android.
- Larix Broadcaster iOS connectivity shows the same for iOS Larix.
- More details are planned for further publication.
Larix Talkback allows getting audio return feed into Larix Broadcaster.
Third-party tutorial videos
Watch new tutorials from our users in our Larix reviews playlist.
Here are some of them:
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Stream On Kick.com From Mobile Using Larix Broadcaster
- A Step-by-Step Setup overlays on Larix Broadcaster
- How to connect your phone to a live video production with SRT and Larix Broadcaster - a tutorial by vMix.
Notice that vMix requires both video and audio in your stream.
- How to: mobile reporter (SRT MiniServer and LarixBroadcaster with talkback) shows the usage of Talkback feature.
- SRT in under 5 Minutes for Larix Broadcaster OBS Studio
- (Spanish) Larix TALKBACK / Como tener comunicación con reportero en REMOTO shows vMix with Larix Talkback in action.
- (Spanish) Retorno de audio desde OBS a Larix shows another exmaple of vMix with Talkback.
- (German) Larix Broadcaster Livestream RTMP App für Android und iPhone (für Youtube oder Facebook Livestreams)
- (Italian) Larix Broadcaster and vMix - a tutorial on SRT connection
- Live Streaming to Youtube with Larix Broadcaster
- How to connect the Larix Broadcaster - a tutorial by My Streaming Video Broadcasting Network
- Could Not Connect to Server in Larix Broadcaster? ANSWERS! - shows how to fix problem when trying to stream to OBS on your home computer
Mentions and usage
Larix Broadcaster usage is mentioned by a number of industry professionals.
- NFL Draft of 2020: Sports Video Group News has two articles regarding virtual draft during pandemic lockout.
Both articles have Larix Broadcaster mentioned as part of streaming setup:
"NFL Draft 2020: NFL Media Deploys iPhone Production Kits..." and "NFL Draft Reflections ..."
Watch NFL Media Originals video describing this draft in general.
- MLB Draft of 2020 was also covered by Sports Video Group News in MLB Draft 2020: MLB Network Embraces Virtual Event... article mentioning Larix Broadcaster usage.
- Guide to RTMP live streaming apps for iOS post in Mux.com blog describes Larix as the best free option to go live from iOS.
- The Ultimate Guide To DJ Livestreaming In 2020 refer to Larix Broadcaster for streaming part.
- [GUIDE] How to Stream IRL from iPhone shows Larix Broadcaster as part of advanced delivery chain with Speedify and Restream.
- Glass-to-Glass Delivery with SRT: the Softvelum way - a post in SRT Alliance blog shows how Softvelum products can be used for building delivery from source to viewer.
Also check glass-to-glass SRT delivery setup with Nimble Streamer, Larix Broadcaster and Larix Player.
Larix Grove is a format which allows easily distribute your connection and encoding settings via deep links and QR codes.
Visit Larix Grove page to learn the spec and create your settings import with online wizard.
Take a look at the example as well: Livescale uses Grove to propagate streaming settings to customers.
Screencasting from iOS via Larix Screencaster
Apple requires additional screencasting setup for Larix Screencaster besides the streaming part.
Notice that if you stream your screen, you can only use your microphone. If currently opened application supports ReplayKit, then you'll be able to stream its sound.
This is the limitation of iOS.
Install and set up Larix Screencaster streaming and then use these descriptions to perform the setup:
- How to record your screen on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch YouTube video tutorial by Apple support.
- Larix Screencaster for iOS: setup and launch - our YouTube video showing in-app streaming.
- How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Apple support article.
- SRT to OBS from Larix Broadcaster and Larix Screencaster video has Screencaster setup part.
- Video: Larix Player: app review describes app setup.
- Larix Player setup for Android article gives full explanation for parameters.
- Using Magewell Ultra Encode with the Larix Player App to Transport SRT Streams.
If you find our apps useful and you'd like to create your own applications based on Larix Broadcaster or Larix Player, you may consider subscribing for our mobile SDKs.
See all terms and prices for mobile SDKs.
Larix SDK FAQ
You can find many SDK frequently asked questions about Larix Broadcaster and Larix mobile SDK usage.
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact our team.