Nimble Streamer AV1 Support
New advanced codec can be used for both input and output
AOMedia Video 1 codec, or AV1, is a free codec that is being widely adopted by the streaming media industry. Its support is now provided by various hardware and software products.
Nimble Streamer software media server supports AV1 codec in various transport protocols and delivery options.
Live Streaming AV1
Nimble Streamer supports many different live streaming scenarios.
Users can utilize the following delivery methods.
- RTMP from published and pulled sources
HEVC is delivered using Enhanced RTMP spec.
Read our annoucement about this spec and related functionality.
The MPEGTS-based protocols are not standardized yet so these are working only in connection to other Nimble Streamer instance:
Users can deliver AV1 outside using the following methods.
- MPEG-DASH is codec-agnostic so it supports live AV1 transmuxing output.
- SLDP can deliver content with multiple codecs, including AV1.
AV1 contacnt can be played using SLDP HTML 5 Player.
- RTMP is available for re-publishing.
- SRT via all modes but only to another Nimble Steamer instance.
DVR for AV1
AV1 can be recorded and played with DVR feature set via MPEG-DASH protocol.
AV1 for Video-on-Demand
Nimble Streamer provides efficient streaming of H.265-encoded video in VOD mode via both MPEG-DASH and HLS.
- MP4 transmuxing to DASH is effectively re-packaged with low resource usage.
- Remote HTTP storage support allows to effectively stream files, those size exceeds available file system capacity.
- Adaptive bitrate is available via SMIL files support.
Nimble Paywall Capabilities for AV1
The following features and capabilities are available in Nimble Streamer for building paywalls for HEVC.
- Hot-linking protection to avoid media links hi-jacking.
- Pay-per-view framework for controlling playback in pay-per-view, pay-per-minute, monthly subscription and other scenarios.
- Geo-location and IP ranges restriction.
- Paywall feature set is applicable for all output protocols.