Larix Broadcaster works as NDI source
on iOS and Android devices
Nimble Streamer supports NDI
for input and output
What is NDI?
NDI is a technology which was implemented with these ideas in mind:
- Live video is produced and processed by professional production teams in local networks prior to outer-world delivery.
- Various solutions from various vendors are fully interoperable using the same protocol.
- Network topology doesn’t matter, making it easy to find and capture video streams.
- Video source is abstracted from video destinations, data is just sent into the network.
NDI in Larix Broadcaster
You can turn your mobile device into NDI source:
- Output streaming via NDI®|HX2
- AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 codecs are supported
- Preview stream support
- Discovery Server and connection metadata
- Handle zoom from NDI Studio Monitor
NDI is available in our mobile apps for just $19.99 per month via in-app subscription.
NDI in Nimble Streamer
Nimble Streamer NDI provides the following feature set.
Nimble Streamer takes NDI input and handles it for further processing.
- Get NDI from local network.
- Decode and transform the stream with Live Transcoder filters: re-sizing, re-sampling etc.
- Encode content into H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8, VP9 with supported encoding libraries.
- Re-package into other protocols for further delivery, like SRT, Zixi, RTMP, HLS, DASH, Icecast etc.
Example: Nimble Streamer gets NDI stream in local network, re-package it to SRT and deliver it to distant production site with high reliability and security.
Check NDI to SRT to AWS Elemental MediaConnect video as example.
Nimble Streamer can take any live stream input and create output NDI stream.
- Take any content input via supported protocols like SRT, WebRTC, RTMP, MPEG-TS and more
- Generate NDI that can be used by any NDI-powered tools.
- Synchronize output NDI with NTP SEI metadata. Watch video tutorial with a demo of SRT streams syncing up into NDI output.
- Use Nimble Playout to generate NDI from a set of local files.
Example: having SRT stream from external public network, Nimble Streamer can re-package it into NDI for further production purposes.
Or generate NDI stream from local files via Server Playlist.
Take a look at our video tutorials to see more example of NDI setup and usage:
- NDI processing setup in Nimble Streamer
- Converting NDI to Apple Low Latency HLS
- NDI to SRT to AWS Elemental MediaConnect via Nimble Streamer
- Converting NDI to DRM-protected MPEG-DASH
- Recording NDI as HLS DVR for further playback
- Improving NDI Workflows for Remote Production With SRT, a workshop at Streaming Media West 2022
Visit Nimble Streamer NDI feature digest page to learn more about installation, setup and usage.
NDI® is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc.