Larix mobile app and SDK for iOS
iOS app and SDK for capturing and streaming content
Softvelum provides a set of mobile streaming development tools for creating user-generated mobile media on iOS.
Encode and stream content with Larix library
We provide streaming library with the apps framework to use it properly.
Key content streaming features include:
- Interleaved H.264 (AVC) video and AAC audio encoding.
- H.265 (HEVC) video encoding on supporting devices.
- RTMP and RTSP publishing over TCP.
- RTMPS and RTSPS support - RTMP and RTSP over SSL
- Pushing SRT via UDP with errors recovery and encryption.
- Basic and Digest authentication for RTSP and RTMP.
- HEVC over RTMP is supported as non-standard experimental feature.
- Fixed FPS can be selected from the list of supported values.
- Multiple simultaneous connections to several destinations.
- Full support for Facebook, YouTube Live, Twitch, Periscope Producer, Limelight CDN and other online services.
With 5G technology being the future of mobile networks, this allows easily deliver to any points simultaneous.
Larix Broadcaster free app
You can use streaming capabilities for free using our fully-functional Larix Broadcaster apps.
Besides encoding and streaming features, Larix Broadcaster uses full power of mobile devices:
- Landscape and portrait various modes support with device dynamic orientation.
- Front and back cameras with hot switch.
- Video+audio, video only and audio only modes.
- Auto Focus Lock - long press anywhere in the preview, and AF is locked until you tap to re-focus..
- Recording to MP4 and saving screenshots.
- Bluetooth audio.
ABR (adaptive bitrate) transmission is available in 2 modes:
- Logarithmic descend - gracefully descend from max bitrate down step by step. Retries to raise back to previous step every minute. Best fit for good networks.
- Ladder ascend - first cut bitrate by 2/3 and increase it back to normal as much as possible. Retries to raise back to previous steps in 15 seconds, 1.5 and then 5 minutes. Best fit for networks with big losses.
This feature is disabled by default, it's enabled in Video menu.
Visit documentation reference to learn more about Larix Broadcaster setup and usage.
Larix premium SDK
You can get Larix library, free app and other source code examples by subscribing to our SDK.
This means you can create your own mobile solutions and customize our solutions to your streaming use cases and scenarios.
Source code examples of SDK include Larix Broadcaster app source code with all of its capabilities.
If you purchase SLDP Player SDK, you also get combined streaming/playback sample app.
Documentation and FAQ
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.
iOS playback with SLDP Player
You can perfect your mobile users experience with real-time low latency playback.
SLDP Player gives you low latency playback capabilities on iOS devices allowing to play live content via SLDP, RTMP and Icecast protocols.
The player is a free app which you can provide to your customers, however you may also use our player SDK to build your own apps and embed playback capabilities into your iOS solutions.
Part of your streaming infrastructure
Being a great solution by itself, Larix mobile SDK also works well with other Softvelum solutions.
Take a look at Mobile solutions snapshot with other Softvelum products usage in actions.
- Nimble Streamer is fast freeware streaming server with low resource consumption.
- Publish control framework allows managing publication from mobile publishers according to your authentication and processing logic.
- Live Transcoder gives ability to transform live content using flexible filtering and high-performance encoders.
- Paywall and Advertizer frameworks provide streaming protection and monetization.
- WMSPanel cloud-based web service gives you stats and easy streaming management.