Larix mobile apps and SDK for Android
Android apps and SDK for capturing and streaming
Softvelum provides a set of mobile streaming development tools for creating user-generated mobile media on Android.
Minimum supported Android version is 4.1 (Jelly Bean), API 16+.
Encode and stream content with Larix library
We provide streaming library with the apps framework to use it properly.
Key content streaming features include:
- Interleaved H.264 (AVC) video and AAC audio encoding.
- H.265 (HEVC) video encoding on supporting devices.
- RTMP and RTSP publishing over TCP.
- RTMPS and RTSPS support - RTMP and RTSP over SSL
- SRT via UDP in Push (Caller) mode with errors recovery and encryption, library version 1.4.1
- Basic and Digest authentication for RTSP and RTMP.
- HEVC over RTMP is supported as non-standard experimental feature.
- Both fixed and variable FPS are supported, full list of supported FPS values is created specifically for each user device.
- Multiple simultaneous connections to several destinations.
- Full support for Facebook, YouTube Live, Twitch, Periscope Producer, Dacast and Akamai, Limelight CDN and other online services, check docs reference for setup instructions.
With 5G technology being the future of mobile networks, this allows easily deliver to any points simultaneous.
Larix Broadcaster free app
You can use streaming capabilities for free using our fully-functional Larix Broadcaster apps.
Besides encoding and streaming features, Larix Broadcaster uses full power of mobile devices:
- Landscape and portrait various modes support with device dynamic orientation.
- "Always vertical" and "Always horizontal" modes
- Front and back cameras with hot switch.
- Video+audio, video only and audio only modes.
- Full camera control - focus, exposure, white balance, anti-flicker etc.
- Recording to MP4 and saving screenshots.
- Bluetooth audio.
- Flash light.
ABR (adaptive bitrate) transmission is available in 3 modes:
- Logarithmic descend - gracefully descend from max bitrate down step by step. Retries to raise back to previous step every minute. Best fit for good networks.
- Ladder ascend - first cut bitrate by 2/3 and increase it back to normal as much as possible. Retries to raise back to previous steps in 15 seconds, 1.5 and then 5 minutes. Best fit for networks with big losses.
- Variable FPS can be used as an option, it will reduce bitrate by decreasing FPS in addition to changing the bitrate value. Notice that it heavily depends on your device' capabilities and may not work on some hardware.
Visit documentation reference to learn more about Larix Broadcaster setup and usage.
Larix Screencaster free app
Android allows capturing the screen of user device, so Larix Screencaster uses streaming capabilities to capture the screen, encode and stream it.
Besides streaming, it allows saving the stream to MP4. Read this article for setup details.
Visit documentation reference to learn more about Larix Screencaster setup.
Larix premium SDK
You can get Larix library, free apps and other source code examples by subscribing to our SDKs.
This means you can create your own mobile solutions and customize our solutions to your streaming use cases and scenarios.
Source code examples of SDK include the following
- LarixSample - Larix Broadcaster app source code.
- LarixScreencast - Larix Screencaster uses Media Projection API to capture and broadcast device screen.
- EncodeAndMuxTest - draw simple animation using OpenGL surface, encode it and broadcast.
- Camera2demo - use Camera2 API to get preview, apply sepia filter, encode processed image and broadcast it.
- BackgroundCamera - advanced example of camera implementation on app side: record camera preview and broadcast from background service; draw logo and text.
- If you purchase SLDP Player SDK, you also get combined streaming/playback sample app.
Documentation and FAQ
- Visit documentation reference page to learn more about Larix apps setup and usage.
- Larix apps and SDK FAQ has most popular questions about mobile streaming technologies.
- Check SDK releases history page to see the latest updates.
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.