Larix Player for iOS
SRT, SLDP, HLS, Icecast, HLS and RTMP live playback for iOS
Larix Player for iOS covers a variety of live streaming playback protocols:
- SRT playback support for streaming over unreliable networks.
All SRT modes are supported: Pull (Caller), Listen and Rendezvous. libsrt version 1.5.0 is used.
Read more about Using Magewell Ultra Encode with the Larix Player App to Transport SRT Streams as example of its usage.
- SLDP full support with real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) and offset for zap time decrease.
- SLDP has synchronized playback on multiple devices. Visit demo page to see it in action.
- Icecast, HLS and RTMP/RTMPS protocols playback support.
- Apple Low Latency HLS is fully supported.
Premium features are available for $9.99 per month in-app subscription:
- Videowall to watch several streams simultanously
- Background playback
Supported codecs include:
- AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video.
- AAC and MP3 audio.
- Opus audio via SLDP and SRT.
- AC3 and E-AC3 audio via SRT.
Some additional features:
- Apple TV support: tvOS build is available in AppStore. Watch demo video.
- Registers as system handler for sldp://, sldps:// and srt:// links in browsers.
- HTML links with srt:// will be opened in Larix Player with following SRT params: mode(rendezvous/listener/caller), latency, maxbw, pbkeylen, passphrase, streamid
- Disable media sync - disables syncing of video and audio, this helps in case if incoming stream inconsistency.
- SLDP real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) support.
- Synchronized playback on multiple devices. Also visit demo page to see it in action.
- Use external decoder - streaming library decompresses images prior to sending to display, instead of sending compressed image.