Android playback for live streaming
Larix Player on Android for SRT, SLDP, Icecast, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH
Real-time media delivery is important for many cases like chats, security, bidding and online sports. Hence the need for reliable way to play low delay live streams on mobile devices.
Softvelum provides Android Larix Player for such purposes.
- SLDP, Icecast and RTMP/RTMPS protocols native support.
- SRT playback support for streaming over unreliable networks.
- HLS and MPEG-DASH support via embedded ExoPlayer.
- New: Android TV support
- AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, VP8 and VP9 video.
- AAC and MP3 audio.
- Sub-second delay in playback.
- SLDP real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) support.
- Synchronized playback on multiple devices. Also visit demo page to see it in action.
- Offset support for zap time decrease.
- Registers as system handler for sldp://, rtmp:// and srt:// links in browsers.
Larix Player free app
You can use Larix Player for free. Read this description to learn more about the setup and watch the video below.
If you need APK for Larix Player, you can download it here.
Larix Player premium SDK
Softvelum provides SDK which includes source code of the Larix Player. You can use it in your applications for real-time playback.
Being subscribed, you be able to get updates and our technical support.
Please also take a look at frequently asked questions to see advantages and best techniques of SLDP usage.
Check SDK releases history page to see the latest updates of Larix Player SDK for Android.