Larix Player for Android
SRT, SLDP, Icecast, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH playback on Android and Android TV
Larix Player for Android covers live streaming playback:
- SRT playback support for streaming over unreliable networks.
- All SRT modes are supported: Pull (Caller), Listen and Rendezvous, libsrt version 1.5.0.
- SLDP, Icecast and RTMP/RTMPS playback.
- HLS and MPEG-DASH support via embedded ExoPlayer.
- Android TV support.
- AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video via all video protocols.
- VP8 and VP9 video via SLDP.
- AAC and MP3 audio.
- Opus audio via SLDP and SRT.
- Widevine and Playready DRM support for MPEG-DASH with H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC via ExoPlayer.
Try Nimble Streamer DRM for a reference implementation.
- SLDP real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) support.
- Synchronized playback on multiple devices. Also visit demo page to see it in action.
- Offset support for zap time decrease.
- Registers as system handler for sldp://, rtmp:// and srt:// links in browsers.
Larix Player free app
You can use Larix Player for free. Read this description to learn more about the setup and watch the video below.
Documentation reference page has a list of articles and videos about our mobile apps setup and usage.
Read more about Using Magewell Ultra Encode with the Larix Player App to Transport SRT Streams.
If you need APK for Larix Player, you can download it here.
Larix Player SDK
Softvelum provides Player SDK which includes source code of the Larix Player for Android and Android TV.
You can build your own apps for Android and Android TV based on Player playback library and code.
If you need not only to play but to stream from your mobile device, check out Larix Broadcaster for Android and iOS.