Android playback for live streaming
Low delay SLDP Player for Softvelum Low Delay Protocol, SRT, Icecast, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH
Real-time media delivery is important for many cases like chats, security, bidding and online sports. Hence the need for reliable way to play low delay live streams on mobile devices.
Softvelum provides Android player for such purposes.
- SLDP, Icecast and RTMP/RTMPS protocols native support.
- SRT playback support for streaming over unreliable networks.
- HLS and MPEG-DASH support via embedded ExoPlayer.
- AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, VP8 and VP9 video.
- AAC and MP3 audio.
- Sub-second delay in playback.
- SLDP real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) support.
- Synchronized playback on multiple devices. Also visit demo page to see it in action.
- Offset support for zap time decrease.
- Registers as system handler for sldp:// and rtmp:// links in browsers.
SLDP Player free app
You can use SLDP Player for free. Read this description to learn more about the setup and watch the video below.
If you need APK for SLDP Player, you can download it here.
SLDP Player premium SDK
Softvelum provides SDK which includes source code of the SLDP Player. You can use it in your applications for real-time playback.
Being subscribed, you be able to get updates and our technical support.
If you subscribe for both Larix streaming SDK and SLDP Player SDK, you get a combined demo app showing "video call" functionality with both streaming and playback.
Please also take a look at frequently asked questions to see advantages and best techniques of SLDP usage.
Check SDK releases history page to see the latest updates of SLDP Player SDK for Android.