Larix Player for Android
SRT, SLDP, Icecast, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH playback on Android and Android TV
Larix Player for Android covers various live streaming playback protocols:
- SRT playback support for streaming over unreliable networks.
All SRT modes are supported: Pull (Caller), Listen and Rendezvous. libsrt version 1.5.0 is used.
Read more about Using Magewell Ultra Encode with the Larix Player App to Transport SRT Streams.
- SLDP, Icecast and RTMP/RTMPS playback.
- HLS and MPEG-DASH support via embedded ExoPlayer.
Premium feature set is available for $9.99 per month in-app subscription:
- Videowall to watch several streams simultanously
- Coming soon: Background playback
Supported codecs include:
- AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video via all video protocols.
- VP8 and VP9 video via SLDP.
- AAC and MP3 audio.
- Opus audio via SLDP and SRT.
- AC3 and E-AC3 audio via SRT on devices which have codec support.
Some additional features:
- Android TV support.
- Widevine and Playready DRM support for MPEG-DASH with H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC via ExoPlayer.
Try Nimble Streamer DRM for a reference implementation.
- SLDP real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) support.
- Synchronized playback on multiple devices. Also visit demo page to see it in action.
- Registers as system handler for sldp://, rtmp:// and srt:// links in browsers.
- HTML links with srt:// will be opened in Larix Player with following SRT params: mode(rendezvous/listener/caller), latency, maxbw, pbkeylen, passphrase, streamid
Larix Player SDK
Softvelum provides Player SDK which includes source code of the Larix Player for Android and Android TV.
You can build your own apps for Android and Android TV based on Player playback library and code.
If you need not only to play but to stream from your mobile device, check out Larix Broadcaster for Android and iOS.