This page describes the privacy practices for information collected by Softvelum, LLC products. Softvelum LLC is the Owner and Data Controller for the collected data.
What information does Softvelum collect?
Customer identifiable data
WMSPanel web site provides registration form for WMSPanel web service with email address. By registering or authenticating, you allow Softvelum to identify you and give you access to its dedicated services. You can see the email used for registration and payment in "Settings" menu, "Account settings" tab. If you use different email for creating subscription, it will also be indicated there. You can contact Softvelum in order to make changes to these emails.
WMSPanel forum requires your email and name. By sending messages on WMSPanel forum, you allow Softvelum to save your posts with your email and name. The email from your post will not be shown to other users. You also allow Softvelum to send you all replies from other users to the email specified in the post.
WMSPanel keeps activity log available via "Control" > "Activity" menu. It stores records of some of the actions performed by account users within the panel, such as login email, server registration, changed settings name and some other notable events which may be relevant to account life cycle. Each record contains name of action, time and user email used for login.
In order to subscribe and obtain Softvelum SDKs, a user needs to sign up at WMSPanel website, see WMSPanel registration data described above. SDK subscription is performed via PayPro Global and FastSpring payment gateways (please read "Third-party data processors" section for more details regarding respective privacy policies). The email from subscription is used further for communicating with the user, such as sending SDK packages and notifying about updates.
WMSPanel agent for Wowza Streaming Engine processes server name, server IP addresses, server performance metrics (CPU and RAM load), IP address of each connection, traffic consumed by all connections, server configuration, virtual hosts names, applications names, application instances names, streams names; the IP addresses of connections are used only for statistics processing (geo-location and ASN statistics, if enabled). Viewers IPs ARE NOT stored within the service after the statistics are processed.
Nimble Streamer processes server name, server IP addresses, server performance metrics (CPU and RAM load), IP addresses of visitors, traffic consumed by visitors, server configuration; the IP addresses of connections are used only for statistics processing (geo-location and ASN statistics, if enabled). Viewers IPs ARE NOT stored within the service after the statistics are processed.
WMSPanel service does not process nor store the content which is transmitted via customer's server.
Softvelum team is the sole owner of the information stored on the WMSPanel web service. WMSPanel customer is allowed to browse the processed data from this customer's servers via all means provided by WMSPanel web service. Softvelum team will not sell, rent or expose in any other way the customer's identifiable information to anyone else.
Softvelum's mobile applications (Larix Broadcaster, Larix Screencaster, Larix Player) DO NOT collect any data from user mobile device.
What does Softvelum do with the information it gathers?
The information collected from customer's servers is processed and stored in order to provide the user experience described in Softvelum LLC products' promotional materials such as the web site, the team's blog and any other documentation.
Softvelum team members will follow up by email with people who filled out contact form or signed up for account within the service. Using the email addresses provided at registration, Softvelum team members may send personal promotional emails about new products, product enhancements and special offers. Upon written request, Softvelum team will remove your personal information from our contacts database.
With whom does Softvelum share the information it gathers?
Softvelum team DOES NOT share information collected by WMSPanel web service to outside third parties. This relates both to customer's personal information and the data collected from customer's servers.
Mode and place of processing the data
Softvelum takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Softvelum, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Softvelum (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by Softvelum. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Softvelum at any time.
Softvelum may process data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Under some legislations Softvelum may be allowed to process data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Softvelum is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Softvelum;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Softvelum or by a third party.
Depending on the user's location, data transfers may involve transferring the user's data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of data. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Softvelum to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Softvelum using the information provided in the contact section.
Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore, data collected for purposes related to the performance of user data processing by Softvelum shall be retained until such processing has been fully performed. Data collected for the purposes of Softvelum’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Softvelum within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Softvelum. Softvelum may be allowed to retain data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Softvelum may be obliged to retain data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Third-party data processors
Softvelum uses the following third-party data processors to provide customers with best user experience.
- Rackspace is a cloud hosting services company which provides processing and storage resources for operating WMSPanel web service. Please read Rackspace security management web page to learn more about how the data is protected. The place of processing the data with Rackspace data center in Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
Sotvelum products as third-party data processors
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Softvelum. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Softvelum, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their account-related data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Softvelum will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Softvelum.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
- Details about the right to object to processing.
- Where data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Softvelum or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Softvelum, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Softvelum is processing data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights. Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to Softvelum through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Softvelum as early as possible and always within one month.
This document was last updated on May 21st, 2018.
You may contact Softvelum, LLC, using [email protected] email. Softvelum is located at 1, Nevelskogo st., Vladivostok, Russia, 690013.