This page describes the privacy practices for information collected by Furtree Systems, Inc. d.b.a. Softvelum.
What information does Softvelum collect?
Customer identifiable data
The WMSPanel website provides a registration form for the WMSPanel web service where an email address needs to be provided. By registering or authenticating, you allow Softvelum to identify you and give you access to its dedicated services. You can see the email used for registration and payment in the “Settings” menu, under the “Account settings” tab. If you use a different email address for creating a subscription, it will also be indicated there. You can contact Softvelum to make changes to these emails.
The WMSPanel forum requires you to provide your email address and name. By sending messages on the WMSPanel forum, you allow Softvelum to save your posts with your email address and name. The email from your post will not be shown to other users. You also allow Softvelum to send you all replies from other users to the email specified in the post.
WMSPanel keeps an activity log available via the “Control” > “Activity” menu. It stores records of some of the actions performed by account users within the panel, such as login email, server registration, changed settings name and other notable events that may be relevant to the account life cycle. Each record contains the name of the action, time and user email address used for login.
To subscribe and obtain Softvelum SDKs, a user needs to sign up at the WMSPanel website, see WMSPanel registration data described above. The SDK subscription is performed via PayPro Global and FastSpring payment gateways. Please read the “Third-party data processors” section for more details regarding respective privacy policies. The email from your subscription is used further for communicating with the user, such as sending SDK packages and providing notifications about updates.
WMSPanel interfaces with the Wowza Streaming Engine through an add-on to process server name, server IP addresses, server performance metrics (CPU and RAM load), IP address of each connection, traffic consumed by all connections, server configuration, virtual hosts names, applications names, application instances names, streams names; the IP addresses of connections are used only for statistics processing (geo-location and ASN statistics, if enabled). Viewer IPs ARE NOT stored within the service after the statistics are processed.
Nimble Streamer processes server names, server IP addresses, server performance metrics (CPU and RAM load), IP addresses of visitors, IP addresses of publishing points, traffic consumed by visitors, and server configuration. The IP addresses of connections are used only for statistics processing (geo-location and ASN statistics, if enabled). Viewer IPs ARE NOT stored within the service after the statistics are processed.
WMSPanel service does not process or store the content which is transmitted via any customer’s server.
WMSPanel processes IP addresses of API calls initiators.
Softvelum is the sole owner of the non-personal information stored on the WMSPanel web service.
Softvelum’s mobile applications (Larix Broadcaster, Larix Screencaster, Larix Player) DO NOT collect any data from users’ mobile devices.
What does Softvelum do with the information it gathers?
The information collected from customers’ servers is processed and stored to provide the user experience described in Softvelum products’ promotional materials such as the website, the team’s blog, and any other documentation.
Softvelum team members will follow up by email with people who filled out the contact form or signed up for an account within the service. Using the email addresses provided at registration, Softvelum team members may send promotional/marketing emails about new products, product enhancements, and special offers. Upon written request, Softvelum will remove your personal information from our contacts database.
With whom does Softvelum share the information it gathers?
Softvelum only shares information as provided herein with third-party data processors.
Mode and place of processing the data
Softvelum takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Softvelum, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Softvelum (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by Softvelum. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Softvelum at any time.
Softvelum may process data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Under some laws, Softvelum may be allowed to process data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of data is subject to European Union General Data Protection Regulation;
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Softvelum is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in Softvelum;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Softvelum or by a third party.
In any case, Softvelum will help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. The data is processed at Softvelum operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the user’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the user’s data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of data. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Softvelum to safeguard their data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquiring with Softvelum using the information provided in the contact section.
Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore, data collected for purposes related to the performance of user data processing by Softvelum shall be retained until such processing has been fully performed. Data collected for Softvelum’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Softvelum within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Softvelum. Softvelum may be allowed to retain data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Softvelum may be obliged to retain data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
Third-party data processors
Softvelum uses the following third-party data processors to provide customers with the best user experience.
- Rackspace is a cloud hosting services company that provides processing and storage resources for operating WMSPanel web service. Please read Rackspace security management web page to learn more about how the data is protected. The place of processing the data with Rackspace data center is in Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
Sotvelum products as third-party data processors
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by Softvelum. Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to process their data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by Softvelum, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Under certain circumstances, users have the right to restrict their data processing. In this case, Softvelum will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from Softvelum.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if (and where) technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract of which the User is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Details about the right to object to processing.
- Where data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Softvelum, or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Softvelum, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, should their data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. Users can unsubscribe from marketing-related communications by providing requesting to be unsubscribed from the Softvelum distribution list.
How to exercise these rights:
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to Softvelum through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Softvelum as early as possible and always within one month.
This document was last updated on February 7, 2023.
Furtree Systems, Inc. d.b.a Softvelum
Furtree Systems, Inc. post address is PO Box 965063, Marietta, GA, USA, 30066.