Edge Re-streaming of HLS, MPEG-DASH, HDS and Smooth
Edge re-streaming is an important aspect of delivering high-quality video content to customers and audiences. Softvelum's Nimble Streamer is the ideal solution for edge restreaming. With Nimble, you can create light-weight edge servers that re-transmit media streams from any origin to viewers and customers. Leveraging Nimble users can provide viewers with a seamless and uninterrupted streaming experience. Whether you need to re-stream HLS, MPEG-DASH, HDS, or SmoothStreaming traffic, Nimble has you covered.
Nimble's advanced caching system provides efficient and fast re-streaming, and has the option to use RAM cache for live streaming and disk cache for VOD delivery. This helps to off-load the origin server and increase transmission speed, giving you the peace of mind that your customers will receive the best quality content. In addition, Nimble provides hot-linking protection and domain lock, ensuring that your streaming media is protected from unauthorized re-streaming. Users can also use geo- and IP-based restrictions to limit access to your streaming media, giving them complete control over who can view your content.
Below are some specifications and capabilities on how to create light-weight edge servers to re-transmit media streams from any origin to your customers.
- HLS re-streaming via simple mapping rules handling re-transmission.
- HLS via SSL can be used as origin for re-streaming. Output via SSL is also supported.
- MPEG-DASH re-streaming
- Advanced chunks caching available as RAM cache for live streaming and disk cache for VOD delivery.
This allows off-loading origin server and increase transmission speed.
You provide one upstream from origin and Nimble does everything else.
- Re-streaming DRM-protected HLS and DASH streams protected with Widevine, PlayReady and FairPlay.
- HTTP Dynamic Streaming - HDS re-streaming.
- Efficient Microsoft SmoothStreaming re-streaming
- VOD cache may be effectively controlled with several parameters like chunks LRU life time and more.
- Pseudo-streaming progressive download re-streaming with efficient disk caching.
- Hot-linking protection and domain lock. Protect your streaming media from un-authorized re-streaming.
- Use geo- and IP-based restriction to limit access your streaming media.