What is Intel® Quick Sync Video?
Intel Quick Sync Video uses the dedicated media processing capabilities of Intel® Graphics Technology to make media processing, and video creation and conversion fast and easy. With it you can create and edit 3D videos, convert video for your portable media player and for uploading to share with your friends.
The Efficiency of Intel Quick Sync Video
Video content is typically compressed and encoded into a specific format when it is stored on hard drives, DVDs, camcorders, cell phones, or broadcast media. When you want to play that content, upload it online, or copy it to your phone, it must first be decoded and then re-encoded in a new format, a resource- and time-intensive process.
Intel Quick Sync Video uses the dedicated media processing capabilities of Intel® Graphics Technology to decode and encode fast, while also enabling the processor to complete other tasks, providing excellent PC performance and responsiveness.
Nimble Streamer support for Intel Quick Sync
Nimble Streamer Transcoder has Intel® Quick Sync support for both hardware and software implementations.
Software decoding and encoding
Software transcoding is supported on all hardware and virtual servers. You just enable it in a couple of clicks and keep using it.
Supported codecs for software decoding and encoding: H.264, H.265
Hardware decoding and encoding
Quick Sync hardware transcoding is available on the following hardware:
- 3rd Generation (or later) Intel® Core™ processors
- Intel® Core™ M processors
- Selected SKUs of Intel® Celeron™, Intel® Pentium™ and Intel® Atom™ processors with Intel HD Graphics supporting Intel® Quick Sync Video.
It’s supported for both Windows and Linux platform. Read these articles to see how to enable hardware acceleration.
Supported codecs for hardware decoding: H.264, H.265, VP8 on Windows and Linux, VP9 on Windows only.
Supported codecs for hardware encoding: H.264, H.265.
Quick Sync Transcoding capabilities
The Intel® Quick Sync is available as part of our transcoding solution which has the following features
- Video input: H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, MPEG2, MPEG4, VP8, VP9.
- Audio input: AAC, MP3, AC-3, MP2, Speex, PCM.
- Video output: H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC.
- Audio output: AAC, MP3.
- Quick Sync H.264/AVC encoder parameters allow controlling AVC encoding process.
- Quick Sync H.265/HEVC encoder parameters give capabilities to control HEVC encoding.
- Run Out-of-process transcoding for improved stability
- Input codecs pass-through support.
- You can build Quick Sync-only transcoding pipelines with Nimble Live Transcoder.
- Protocols input: RTMP, RTSP, SRT, RIST and MPEG-TS.
- Protocols output: RTMP, RTSP, SRT, RIST, MPEG-TS, HLS, MPEG-DASH and SLDP.
- FFmpeg™ filters can be applied to both video and audio.
- Some of pre-defined filters are image resize, crop, graphics overlay, picture-in-picture, re-sampling etc.
- Set up filters in a couple of clicks via web UI.
- Create any scenario of transcoding for both video and audio.
- Drag-n-drop elements of transcoding scenario.
- Use any browser to setup and control.
- Apply changes without interruption of live streaming.
- Apply settings to multiple servers in a few clicks.
Transcoder documentation reference provides full list of docs you may find useful for further setup and usage, including troubleshooting.
Intel, Intel Core, Intel Celeron, Intel Pentium, Intel Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.